- To change the color of the text
- To change the font
- To change the size of the text
Are the gift certificate templates really free?
Yes. They are free for both personal and commercial use, but you cannot take our name off the gift certificate. Also, if you use them on the internet, then we require you to link back to this site.
How to customize the text on the gift certificates
- Select the template that you want to use. This is the most difficult stage! We offer so many free templates that choosing one of them won’t be easy! Don’t worry, you can always make more than one. They are unlimited and all free!
- Click on “Customize” once you have chosen.
- Click on the text that you would like to customize.
- You can either double click on it and type text over the dummy text. Or, go to the text box on the top left of the screen and change the text. You can type whatever you want. You can either add to the dummy text that we have used or replace it with your very own message.
- Repeat the last two steps until you have customized all of the text.
- You can also move the text around if you so desire.
How to add text to the gift certificate template
If you would like to add any additional text, then click on the A on the menu above the gift certificate (see image above). Double click on the text box that appears and then type the text that you want to add. You can then drag the text anywhere. You cannot move the text-box while you are typing so type in whatever you want and then click anywhere else on the screen. Then drag the text box to wherever you want it to appear.
How to style the text
You can use the text as is but you can also change the style, size and color. To make changes, click on the text that you would like to change. Use the self-explanatory icons to make the necessary changes.
To change the color of the text: click on the text that you want to style. Go to filling (it appears in the box above the gift certificate). Select the color that you want to use. Click on “select”.
To change the font: click on the text that you want to style. Go to the list of fonts above (it appears in the box above the gift certificate). Choose the font that you want to use.
To change the size of the text: click on the text that you want to style. On the bottom left corner, two arrows will appear (see sample below). Pull the arrows to the right to make the text bigger and pull them to the left to make it smaller.
Help! I added too much text, and it is wider than the gift certificate!
Use the enter key to move the text onto the next line so that it fits onto the template.
You can also drag the text anywhere else if you want.
How to add a logo
If the gift certificates are going to be used by a company, then you might want to add your company logo.
Click on the “image” tab (see above) and upload the company logo. Drag it around until you place it wherever you want it to appear. If you need to make the image smaller, then click on one the bottom right corner and drag it to the left. You can enlarge the image by clicking on the corner and dragging it to the right.
To ensure that the logo looks professional, we recommend that you use an image with a transparent background saved in either gif or PNG format. This will ensure that you don’t have a white logo background which will not look good on a colored background. If your logo or image is a rectangular shape, then this will not be an issue.
How to add a picture
You can add a photo to personalize the gift certificate. Some of our gift certificate templates are specifically made for photos and others are not. If you want to use one that does not have a picture, you can still add your photo.
Click on the “image” tab (see above) and upload the photo that you are going to use. Drag it around until you place it wherever you want it to appear. To make the image smaller, click on the bottom right corner and drag it to the left. To make the picture bigger, click on the bottom corner and drag it to the right.
How to print an empty gift certificate template
If you want to print a blank gift certificate with no text, then click on each text box and a little x will appear on the top right corner (see image below).
Click on the x and the text box will disappear.
How to print or download the gift certificate template
There are three different options:
- You can click on “print”.
- You can download it as an image.
- You can download as a PDF document. You will need a PDF viewer. Most computers already have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. If you don’t have it, you can download it free here. This program will enable you to open PDF documents from this site and any other site. If you don’t have a PDF viewer and prefer not to download then you can simply download the gift certificate as an image.
How to prepare the gift certificate
Once you have customized the gift certificate and downloaded it you will need to print it. You can either print it directly (see above) or save it on your PC and then print it.
Print it either on regular printer paper or cardstock for a more professional look.
Cut around the gift certificate with scissors, paper guillotine, cutting knife or a ruler.
I can’t print. It asks me to disable my popups.
If you have trouble printing directly from the gift certificate maker, then you can download it to your PC and print from there. If your PC does not ask you where you want to save, then it will be saved in your downloads folder. Open it from there and print.
Can I use the gift certificates for my business?
You can create gift certificates for your business on this site for commercial use as long as you distribute hard copies only. If you place any image from this website on another website, then you are required to link back to this site. If you are distributing hard copies only then you do not need to credit this site.
If you have any other questions, then please leave a comment below, and we will try and help you.